Friday, June 10, 2011

17 Weeks

17 Weeks Pregnant @ Molly Stark :)
Sleep! Oh, Sleep! It's been rough lately, and to think that it is only going to get worse as time progresses worries me a bit. :) I do sleep, but some nights I just toss and turn wondering if I will ever get comfortable. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep better soon.

I have nothing to report as far as feeling the baby, YET! I know that it is coming soon! Sometimes I think I feel something, and then I just psych myself out. A lot of people have been telling me it will feel like a flutter, so that is what I am going to be paying attention too!

I was hoping I would be able to fit into all my jeans and just have to use the belly band, but it seems that they seem to be getting smaller and smaller as I put them on (and to think that baby is only the size of an onion right now!) Oh, the joys of being pregnant! :) I don't mind it though because it just reminds me of how God has fashioned women to have bodies that give birth to human beings! What a beautiful concept.

I've been meditating and reading this Psalm lately:
"My heart is not proud, Lord, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me. But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content. Israel, put your hope in the Lord both now and forevermore." Psalm 131:1-3
Such a short Psalm, and yet so powerful at the same time. I am challenged by David's humility in this Psalm so much. His honesty and vulnerability are revealed in that he doesn't allow himself to be bogged down by the greater things that he may not understand, or comprehend, but he has allowed his heart to be content resting in God alone. His does not make his business that which is God's alone. At the end of verse 2, the Message translates it this way: 'like a baby content in its mother's arms, my soul is a baby content." How many times have you seen a baby in its mothers arms, completely and utterly content? The first thing we do is say things such as, "they look so peaceful and content, so comfortable."Right? That is my prayer this week, that my heart and soul would be like a baby content in its mother's arms...resting in God alone. I pray this for you too. :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jessie! You are looking so beautiful lately, so excited for you guys! I've also been reading the same verse lately, it's really inspiring to see that someone else feels the same way!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! :) Thank you!! Yeah, that verse always hits home for me! I hope you are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! love Molly Stark! we could go there one day and take photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! colleen let's do it! that would be fun! i hate how they have been tearing parts of it down (not the building itself, but certain areas have been covered in wood, etc! so sad! it's such a beautiful building)

    ReplyDelete